NORTH SHORE FOOTBALL
PARENTS CODE OF CONDUCT
North Shore Football plays an important role in promoting the physical, social, and emotional development of our players. It is therefore essential for parents, and their guests to encourage participants to embrace the values of good sportsmanship and should lead by example by demonstrating fairness, respect, and most importantly self control. I therefore pledge to be responsible for my words and actions while attending any North Shore Football event and shall conform my behavior to the following Code of Conduct: Please read each line carefully.
1. I will remember that children participate to have fun and that the game is for youth, not adults.
2. I will inform the coach of any physical disability or ailment that may affect the safety of my child or the safety of others.
3. I will try to learn and understand the rules of the game of football.
4. I (and my guests) will be a positive role model for my child and encourage sportsmanship by showing respect and courtesy, and by demonstrating positive support for all players, coaches, officials, and spectators at every game, practice or other sporting event.
5. I (and my guests) will not engage in any kind of unsportsmanlike conduct with any official, coach, player or parent such as taunting, refusing to shake hands or using profane language or gestures.
6. I (and my guests) will not encourage any behaviors or practices that would endanger the health, safety, and well being of any child or other participants.
7. I will teach my child to play by the rules and to resolve conflicts without resorting to hostility or violence.
8. I will teach my child to treat other players, coaches, officials, and spectators with respect regardless of race, creed, color, gender, sexual orientation, national origin or ability.
9. I will emphasize skill development and practices and how they benefit my child and their team, and de-emphasize that winning is the only thing.
10. I (and my guests) will refrain from making threats, and initiating a fight or scuffle with any coach, parent, player, participant or any other attendee.
11. I (and my guests) will respect the officials and coaches and their authority during games. I will never question, discuss or confront officials or coaches at the game/field. I will take time to speak with coaches at an agreed upon time and place.
12. I (and my guests) understand that the use of alcohol, tobacco, and drugs are STRICTLY prohibited at all North Shore Football events. I will not attend while under the influence of drugs or alcohol.
13. I will refrain from coaching my child or other players during games and practices, unless I am one of the official coaches of the team.
14. If I fail to follow the Sports Code of Conduct, I understand that I and my child may be subject to penalties including but not limited to reduced playing time, and suspensions from North Shore Football events and games.
15. I fully understand that North Shore Football is run by volunteers that help make my child’s football experience as successful as possible. I promise to help my child enjoy the football experience within my personal constraints by assisting with coaching, being a respectful fan, providing transportation or whatever I am capable of doing whenever possible